So apparently I am not keeping track of how many days until Brandt leaves. I have been trying to focus on the time we have together rather than what little time we have left. The other day I get phone call from him while he is at work and he insists on letting me know he only has 43 days left until he is officially gone for basic training. This is so crazy to me! I just keep thinking of all the things we have to do before he leaves. All the family parties, friend parties, work parties, etc. So many people to hang out with and really NOT that much time!!
I am getting excited to get people together to celebrate his awesome accomplishments. However, I know that doing so means the time is coming when I will be sitting at home on Friday nights alone with the dog and the lame "Twilight" movies..
Ha Ha Ha Ha Yes I am that boring when I am home alone!
I am getting excited for this weekend, It is kind of starting off the family outings and fun festivities. I was super looking forward to conference. First we are going to the Jazz game Friday night. It will be fun and what Utahn doesn't want to see Jimmer? Then Saturday although I have work I will be doing the annual dinner with the men after priesthood with Kami Daniels, and Patti Daniels. Then baking after to make my yummy gluten free devils food cupcakes for Patti's annual Easter party. We were trying to get tickets to conference on Sunday morning (me thinking it was 8-10 not 10-12) Then I realized the actual time and we have our family Easter party that morning. So I went on the hunt!!! I emailed my bishop hoping that him knowing we are leaving in September and don't know the next time we could attend conference would be asked if he could help. I got an email from a member of the bishopric and he was able to pull some strings to get us into the afternoon session. We are sitting right up front and center on the floor right where all the authorities walk in front of! So needless to say I can have my cake and eat it too!! I can go to the Awesome family party and go to conference which I really wanted to be able to manage. I am so excited for everything we are doing this weekend.. It will be amazing!
To top it all off Sunday night at midnight I can register for my classes! I am taking Math 990 English 2010 History 1700 and then the Yoga Teacher courses! I can't wait to get back to school and start learning again!
Brandt is getting excited / nervous for everything to come! He is slowly getting more excited as the time comes closer for him to report to his dream job of flying helicopters for the United States Military! I know he will be amazing and I am so happy to know that I have a husband willing to go out and strive for greatness! I am lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life and I am so thankful for the light he gives me!!
That is so awesome that you get to sit so close at conference! We are excited to see you guys!
ReplyDelete