Friday, May 3, 2013

FAMILY DAY!!!

Today I got the pleasure of going to the airfield to watch Brandt fly helicopters. 
I had so much fun getting to see what it is he does all day, and even more fun seeing him in full uniform!    (ALWAYS my favorite part of the day!!)
I arrived at the airfield around 1315 with the rain starting to move in. I just kept praying that the rain would hold up for the afternoon. We arrived and got to watch the boys fly in. Brandt was flying second which meant Chase Farmer (his stick buddy) was flying. So when they arrived they basically stopped long enough to let Brandt out of the helicopter and to take off for approaches and what have you! 
I got to sit and eat lunch with Brandt and tour the airfield (it's not really that big) 
but hey it was still cool to see what he has been up to. When it came Brandt's turn to fly I made my way up to the top of the control tower. (ok, seriously there were like 6-7 flights of stairs, and I had been contracting all morning, just braxton hicks so no worries, needless to say I AM BEAT!) 
Anyways, I got to listen to Brandt call the tower for each take off and landing. It was pretty fun to know when he was coming in and what approach/landing he was going to be trying. I had so much fun watching him do what he has worked so hard to be able to do. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished and keeps accomplishing! I can't wait to see what else he can do! Here are some pics from this afternoon. catch the video's on Facebook. (technical difficulties on the blog sorry)












HAPPY FRIDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment