Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Late as always.... RECAP OF 2013!!

Sorry I have been so M.I.A. I guess having a baby makes you procrastinate like a crazy person! Well alot happened in the year 2013. 

JANUARY
We spent time getting ready for Boston to come. we got some items for the nursery and started putting it together.


Waring out Dante with a game of catch. 
Found out we're havin a boy!! Named him BOSTON JOE DANIELS

FEBRUARY
Brandt went off to S.E.R.E school towards the end of the month so I spent a lot of time with girlfriends, going for drives with Dante and skyping my family. 



MARCH
March was a busy month! Brandt got home from sere training as you can see with the mustache, then I left to go home for two weeks for baby showers. I also hardly remember the nasty virus that my whole family including my little nephew got and it was HORRIBLE!!!


APRIL
This month was pretty uneventful seeing as I was swallon like a whale and could hardly walk. I was miserable and ready to ust have the baby already but had another two months to go. or so I thought! 
MAY
Oh my gosh was this month CRAZY! At the beginning of the month we had brandts family day for the primary portion of his flight shool. It was so much fun to see him fly and get to meet his instructor who was actually a mean old fart! A week later I had a scary moment, I had actually noticed numbing feeling in my mouth while trying to eat. I went into the bathroom to see that I had lost control over half my face! We spent the night at the hospital Emergency room to find out that I had Bells Palsy. It was uncureable and no one really knew what caused it. (this was at 35.5 wks) Well I guess my body was just DONE because at 37 wks to the day pretty much Boston decided it was time to join our presence. Labor was ANNOYING and painul but nothing beat the way we felt about this little guy once we met him! We were Smitten! Born May 26th 2013 at 10pm weighing 7 lbs 7oz 20 in long! He was BEAUTIFUL!!!





JUNE
was so much fun! We had our little man home! Now that being said it was TIRING!!! we were not yet down to a schedule. My mom came out for two weeks which was so nice to have herhelp around with Boston! We took Boston to the Beach for the first time. and Brandt got to experience his first Fathers day :) It was so cute to see it! 

JULY & AUGUST
We spent the next two months figuring out one another and getting a schedule down. It was hard but so much fun getting to do it with such a cute little one! 



SEPTEMBER
This month we found out that Brandt was given the aircraft he wanted at selection. We also put in for our top three duty station locations which were Fort Carson Colorado, Camp Humphries in South Korea, and Hawaii. We were so excited about selection then we were given the opportunity to fly home and bless Boston with all our family there to be a part of it.While we were packing someone learned to roll over!  It was so much fun being home and seeing family and celebrating our boy. We Also had family pictures taken while we were all in one spot. Not only that but we sent off my little brother to serve the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the land of the RISING SUN! He went to Kobe Japan. 







OCTOBER
 we had some fun at the ward trunk or treat. :) 

NOVEMBER
SURPRISE we are heading to JAPAN! How fun and scary! We were shocked that it was where we had been selected to go. Our friends had been texting us telling where they were heading and  saying things like "howd you get Japan?" or "Man you are lucky you are going to Japan" so we were naturally confused because we didnt know that duty stations had been posted at bravo company. so we headed over to check it out. Sure enough next to our name it said we were heading to Japan. the only family out of 400 Soldiers who got orders! Guess there was some reason we were heading to the land of the Rising Sun. We had a good month but it was hard to say goodbye to our good friends the Stevensens! Boston loved Aunt Hanna! We then had to celebrate Thanksgiving with our small group of friends including the Griffin's and the Erickson's. We had a blast with them!



DECEMBER
Oh my gosh Boston's first Christmas! I went way over board! But I had fu and learned a vallueable lesson on gifts for kids! We had a fun time at the ward Christmas party where we got the usual child NOT loving santa picture. Then at the end of the month we got to go to our friends Graduation. Thankfully it wasn't another goodbye just yet.




So as you can see we had an eventful year and 2014 was just as eventful and fun! Sorry for the massive delay on my part to update the family and friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment